5 interesting benefits Cryo has on your body
Cryotherapy is a fun and easy way to get healthy fast. Here we have compiled 5 interesting ways Cryo can benefit you too!
1. Cryotherapy boosts levels of the hormone and neurotransmitter norepinephrine – responsible for vigilance, attention, focus, positive moods and cognitive function. In turn this helps offset and prevent many potential neurological illnesses such as Alzheimer's.
2. Weight-loss: The shivering associated with exposure to cold is well-known: Your muscles start to contract in an involuntary effort to produce heat, a process called shivering thermogenesis. However the body also engages in another more efficient way to produce heat, and that's called non-shivering thermogenesis, during this process norepinephrine (again) acts on key proteins to uncouple the normal electrical processes within mitochondria. Your body then reacts by producing more mitochondria, effectively converting the body’s white adipose tissue into its more metabolically active counterpart, (brown adipose tissue). The greater the amount of brown adipose tissue the body has, the greater the amount of fat that it will burn.
3. Cryotherapy can also effectively help your cells to recover and therefore you may heal faster. During your treatment, your blood becomes enriched with hormones, oxygen and healing enzymes as it flows through your internal organs. When you finish your treatment, your blood vessels dilate and enriched blood then flows back through the rest of your body. Your blood then begins to flow faster and this can help your lymph system work more efficiently which in turn speeds up the healing process.
4. Diseases and illness. When it comes to Cryotherapy, there's a reason why so many are obsessed with regular treatments. Cryotherapy helps reduce inflammation throughout your body. Inflammation in itself has been linked to a countless amount of diseases and illnesses. The process removes toxins (which cause illness) and boosts antioxidants (prevents illness) along with reduced inflammation to allow for a healthier body and improved immune function.
5. Increased energy, improved mobility, increased antioxidants, more collagen production, healthier skin, endorphins and norepinephrine. The amount of benefits of Cryotherapy are endless come in to Vancouver Cryotherapy today or simply book online! Hope to see you soon!